ISO 14001:2015 Update
14001 certification allows a company to be able to fully understand and assess what impact it has on the environment, both as a business and in its work.
At Anderson Acoustics, we are currently going through this assessment process for certification at the end of 2018. Having this greater visibility, awareness and measuring of our practices ensures we can put actionable goals in place to continue our commitment of minimising waste, energy consumption and emissions, and building relationships with green suppliers; whilst displaying our adherence to all legal and regulatory requirements.
Our Environmental Policy
Anderson Acoustics is a conscious business that recognises its business activities interact with the environment in a variety of ways. These activities have an impact in the key areas of: energy consumption, emissions to air, generation of waste materials, and potential water and land contamination.
The organisation recognises that it has a responsibility to help protect the environment wherever it has an opportunity to do so, to be a responsible neighbour, and to provide a comfortable environment for its employees to work in.
As such, the organisation is committed to:
– Continual improvement in the environmental impact of its business activities;
– Improving the environmental benefits provided by its Environmental Consultancy and Community Engagement Services;
– Preventing pollution;
– Complying with all relevant legal, customer, and other third-party requirements;
– Setting measurable environmental objectives that will help minimise its environmental impact;
– Adopting best practices applicable to its activities wherever practicable.
The organisation will achieve these commitments by:
– Implementing and maintaining an Environmental Management System that is independently certified as compliant with ISO 14001:2015;
– Employing processes that identify the aspects of the organisation’s business that have an environmental impact and quantifying the significance of each aspect;
– Maintaining an environmental performance improvement programme to enable the organisation’s objectives to be achieved;
– Ensuring that its employees, suppliers and customers are aware of their role in supporting the organisation’s commitments and environmental objectives;
– Training its employees in good environmental protection practices and to report any potential environmental hazards, also encouraging employee involvement in environmental improvement initiatives;
– Focusing on: efficient use of our diesel-operated vehicle, working with green energy and eco product suppliers, energy consumption reduction and waste minimisation;
– Continually monitoring and annually auditing the environmental impact of its business activities.
The implementation of this policy is fundamental to the success of the organisation’s business and must be supported by all employees as an integral part of their daily work.