Anderson Acoustics Ltd is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion.
This policy applies to all workers including employees, consultants, temporary workers, agency staff, secondees and other third parties working on behalf of Anderson Acoustics Ltd. It applies to the Board of Anderson Acoustics Ltd in the discharge of their duties. It also applies to suppliers, sub-contractors and agencies in our supply chain.
This Policy sets out how Anderson Acoustics Ltd will address the needs of people and communities who have protected characteristics as specified within Equality Act 2010, which describes ‘protected characteristics’ as: age, disability, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership.
• embed equality, diversity and inclusion in all its activities
• work with project stakeholders including clients, communities, professional bodies, local authorities and government
• approach its activities proactively by:
– minimising the potential for discrimination, harassment and bullying;
– seeking out opportunities to promote inclusive development;
– seeking out the views of stakeholders; and
– taking necessary steps so that people with protected characteristics do not experience disproportionate disadvantage as a result of our activities
Anderson Acoustics Ltd is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. We will seek to achieve this in the following ways: develop and implement recruitment and selection processes that are open and fair and that enable the selection of the best talent;
• aim to build a workforce that reflects the communities it serves;
• promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation and tackle any behaviour that breaches this;
• provide training support and encouragement to employees and workers so that they can develop their careers and enhance their contribution to the organisation;
• make all employees and workers aware of their responsibility for promoting equality diversity and inclusion in their work; and
• involve employees and workers and their representatives in the development, implementation, monitoring and review of human resources policies, procedures and flexible working arrangements.
Anderson Acoustics Ltd requires that contractors and suppliers of services comply with this policy. A copy of this policy will be provided to all sub-contractors, consultants and suppliers.
All such organisations are required make available the resources to comply with this policy, in the delivery of services they are providing. Failure to comply with the requirements of this policy may result in them being removed from Anderson Acoustics Ltd approved list of suppliers.
All employees and workers should treat each other with dignity and respect whilst at work. Any employee who feels they have not been treated in accordance with this policy is entitled to raise the matter with one of the Directors.
All complaints will be taken seriously and will be dealt with promptly and confidentially. If an employee or worker is found to have breached the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy, they may be subject to disciplinary action which could result in dismissal.
All complaints will be dealt with fairly and respectfully, regardless of the protected characteristic of the individual making the complaint. Assistance will be given to people who wish to make a complaint but require support or a different format to do so.
We will regularly collect, monitor and analyse diversity data; including information about the gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion and belief or disability information provided by employees and job applicants to make sure our employment processes are fair and are achieving the aims of this policy. We will undertake a formal review of this policy at regular intervals or after significant changes in our business operations or legislation and communicate the changes to those who are bound by this policy