Anderson Acoustics is an environmental consultancy providing acoustics, noise, vibration, air quality and community engagement services to clients in the construction, planning and aviation sectors. We work on projects large and small, ranging from major infrastructure projects like Heathrow Expansion, HS2 and Thames Tideway to small projects with local businesses, architects, planners and builders.
We are looking to recruit an Analyst Consultant to support our Airports and Environmental Impact Assessment teams delivering cutting edge strategic support and analysis to Nationally Strategic Infrastructure projects.
The successful applicant will have excellent numeracy and analytical skills gained from a scientific, engineering or economics background, strong writing skills, a proactive, organised approach and a commitment to producing high quality work. We expect the Analyst to enjoy solving complex problems and to have, or be keen to develop, technical expertise in the environmental noise area, particularly airports noise, mapping and health impact analysis.
• Carry out research to support our consultancy work.
• Prepare proposals to win new contracts
• Contribute to reports that are delivered to clients
• Participate in client meetings
• Develop systems and software to optimise in-house operations
• Liaise clients, planning authorities and stakeholders
• Coordination with consultants to ensure wider exploitation of your work
• Proactively generate and lead business development initiatives
• A Bachelors (2.1 or above), Masters or PhD in a physical science, engineering, mathematics or economics
• A high level of numeracy and a talent for numerical analysis
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Strong PC literacy – MS Excel, MATLAB and Word
• Willingness to learn other software tools including ArcGIS and CadnaA
• Highly motivated and able to work with limited direction
• Works on own initiative
• Strong interpersonal skills with clients and colleagues
• Comfortable in a flat, matrix organisation
We are an employee-owned company and we directly benefit from our own success, making us more committed, innovative and transparent in our working practices. We believe that a happy, autonomous and self-motivated team of co-owners delivers the highest level of service quality and client value.
We offer a friendly and flexible working environment, working with great people, in Brighton or London Bridge. There will be a competitive salary based on experience and capability, a company pension scheme and employee ownership profit share.
If you would like to work in an environment where you are a co-owner and share in the success of the business, please apply now.