Anderson Acoustics is an environmental consultancy providing acoustics, noise, vibration, air quality and community engagement services to clients in the construction, planning and aviation sectors. We work on projects large and small, ranging from major infrastructure projects like Heathrow Expansion, HS2 and Thames Tideway to small projects with local businesses, architects, planners and builders.
We are looking to recruit a Principal Environmental Consultant with 15+ years’ experience to play a significant leadership role in our aviation noise team and wider company.
We are an employee-owned company and we directly benefit from our own success, making us more committed, innovative and transparent in our working practices. It is our strong belief that a happy, autonomous and self-motivated team of co-owners delivers the highest level of service quality and client value
This is a new and senior role and will make a significant contribution to defining the company strategy, delivering targeted growth, supporting our unique culture and developing our team.
• Manage the delivery of EIA projects from a technical, financial, quality and client satisfaction perspective
• Support the Associate Director of Airports on major projects requiring ES and DCO due-process
• Manage and deliver client reports
• Analyse data and turn it into Insight
• Understand the Development Consent Order (DCO) process and provide client guidance and input to meet the statutory requirements
• Produce Environmental Statement (ES) Chapters
• Manage team members in the technical preparation ESs
• Lead or participate in client meetings
• Liaising with planning authorities and stakeholders
• Develop an EIA Practice outside of the Airports sector
• Be the company expert on relevant EIA and DCO legislation, policy and guidance
• Manage, mentor and develop team members
• Highly motivated and able to work with limited direction
• Ability to apply skills, experience and mindset to new opportunities and sectors
• Working on own initiative
• Strong interpersonal skills with clients and colleagues
• Good team working skills
• Comfortable in a flat, matrix organisation
• Commercially aware
• Understanding a range of technical environment disciplines
• Track record of successful client management
• Excellent communication and networking skills
• Relevant Degree
• Member of Professional Body
• Chartered Status
• 15+ years’ experience in acoustics, noise and vibration consulting of which 5+ years must be in the EIA sector
• Airport experience desirable but not mandatory
We offer a friendly and flexible working environment, working with great people, in Brighton or London Bridge. There will be a competitive salary based on experience and capability, a company pension scheme and employee ownership profit share.
If you would like to work in an environment where you are a co-owner and can dictate and share in the success of the business, please apply now.